Thankful for Thanksgiving

Written on 9:57 AM by Unknown

Today is the day before Thanksgiving and our staff and students are not in attendance. Everyone is beginning whatever preparations they have for tomorrow's holiday and this is a good chance for me to share some of the things for which I am thankful.

I am thankful for the joyful faces and unique personalities of each student who attends Owen. The high fives, the hugs and the smiles I receive make me look forward to every single day. No matter how chilly it is during bus duty, having a kindergarten student smile as they say hello or give me a hug as they pass makes it feel just a little warmer.

I'm thankful for the support the parents give their children and our school. Every day, we have volunteers in classrooms or the LMC and I get to see not only their additional support for the school but also the joy they have in seeing their child or friends of their child in a context different than home.

I'm also thankful for the consistent effort and positive culture each staff member brings to our work. I know teaching is not an easy job and I am thankful for the effort every staff member puts forth every day.

I'm thankful for our District community. Just last week, Mr. Folley and Mrs. Handy received a grant from the Indian Prairie Education Foundation. I appreciate the support the community gives and I'm very thankful that Owen Wavrinek is our liaison to the IPEF. I am always thankful for his energy and devotion on behalf of not just Owen students, but all students.

I hope everyone has a great, family Thanksgiving and takes a moment to share who matters to them. It's not enough to just keep that in our hearts, we and they need to say it aloud.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment