Can you hear me now? Listening as an Administrator

Written on 7:20 PM by Unknown

Julian Treasure's TED Talk: 5 ways to listen better

A few days ago, I watched this TED Talk with Julian Treasure about listening. Visit TED if you are interested in viewing other ideas. I think listening is an important skill for every person to master for it is more than simply hearing what someone says. As our Curriculum Night began and the surge of parents moving to classrooms and through the LMC started, I thought of his discussion of all the noise in our world. I made a conscious effort to be a good listener for all the parents with whom I talked tonight. I think this is a very important skill for everyone and it grows harder and harder as our world moves at an increasingly fast pace. I hope that everyone who views his video above can find one thing that helps them be a better listener, for as he says, we are losing our listening and that has the potential to make us feel more disconnected. I am committed to being a more purposeful listener and think we all should make an attempt to be that.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment